banner

banner

Friday, September 10, 2021

Talks of a Skate Park Collab with Rotary Guy John Murchie 2012


For the active local youth who require a venue for sport of choice:
Skateboarding!

Outgoing Mayor John Higham mentioned to local Alex Thomas earlier this year on a 'zoom call in' town hall meeting that he'd be interested in helping out with a new skatepark project -- John Higham never showed any interest in this project when asked by me during his time in power [2016-2021]... and oddly enough John Murchie and John Higham are both Rotary Club guys... as was former Mayor Bob Berry [2012 - 2016] perhaps this is just not a Rotarians' thing?  Town councillor Bill Evans is also a Rotary Club guy with zero interest in this project and plenty of time on his hands [retired from mta.ca].

Personally, I feel the Rotary Club is a cult... I avoid cults..


#WeAreTantramar! 

People here do listen to John Murchie because of
his local and not-so-local connections...
and his wife Gemmy, 
 Mount Allison University art dept. gal.. 

.... how could this 
great project come to its fruition... 
if anyone knows
maybe Big John knows?


The 
"community leaders" won't
act on the advice of me.. 
because I'm just a Mum.. 
Or as one town councillor put it to me
I've been described as a 
"low class unimportant troublemaker"
by the local clique.. well, that's a pity..
and its an insult they seemed amused to 
pass along to me...


From the where are they now files ... remember Rotary Club of Sackville John Murchie's run for Mayor of Sackville in 2012?

I do.  I wonder if he is still interested in the small time political life as he continues to maintain his Facebook fan page.  Would he still like to help this project along? "Tantramar Skate Park Project" is a great youth project and a tourism draw for the region.... its my absolute pleasure to continue to promote this as much as possible!


The very clique-y Sackville Rotary Club seems more preoccupied with helping to buy up lands for conservationists [UN Agenda 2030]




Sandra Snow, Mayor of Kentville, Nova Scotia, had time to discuss their great concrete skate park project with me on the phone not that long ago... but she also said its not a reason enough to run for political office [which is the only reason I would run for town councillor].  Sandra Snow is also a member of the Rotary Club in Kentville N.S.

Building a wonderful, new, super cool, concrete world-class skatepark would be great for our little town... and I do believe the impossible is possible ... John Murchie was -- talking teenagers back then and how the time flies by ... I don't care much for the local goofy politics nor small mind gossips in this town.. but I think the youth deserve a great skatepark... projects, not politics, eh?

"John Murchie for Mayor" Facebook page reads:


John Murchie for Mayor - Home | Facebook

 
There is always a surprise lurking. Tonight I was out trying to sell some more tickets for a Rotary fundraiser - our main one to raise money for a couple students from here to go somewhere and for a couple of students from somewhere to come here - when I was stopped by two non-voting community members who asked if I was running for Mayor. I agreed that I am, and they wanted to talk about the need for better skateboarding facilities in Sackville. We had a terrific discussion about what might be needed - they obviously much more knowing than I - and how it might come to be - me somewhat more knowing on this part. I don't like making promises, but I did promise them an advocate if elected. I should have also told them, an advocate now even if not elected. Who wouldn't be?"
I voted for John Murchie but he didn't win.
Julien put some effort in to this project 2013.
Bob Berry won the Mayor spot in 2012 and he ignored this skatepark project... unfortunately.



Have also chatted with local Bruce Wark at Warktimes.com about this project's importance.  Find Bruce on Facebook.


Bruce Wark, accredited journalist, is pictured on the right with Stephen Garvey on the left, leader of "National Citizens Alliance" a new, federal political party, a screen grab from youtube.

I promote positivity in this town... freely.
John's a guy with some arts/creatives connections.. I'm just shunned by most here.


As John Murchie lives in town to this day I wonder if his popularity would be useful for a concrete build or if its just a case of a likeable guy with no real desire to create / collaborate.  For some people local projects are not that interesting or worthwhile... its been my impression that 'art' people are a different breed altogether, especially those that are used to being funded by government grants.




Support from blogger "Sackville Uncensored"

Its not a real skatepark .. and I am sorry that people don’t understand the sport enough to know that .. especially Andrew Black .. a real skatepark would be used and enjoyed and perhaps have some sun shelter as Moncton does … its important to understand the blatant lack of regard for the project for a concrete skatepark goes back at least 30 years plus .. to Duncan – one of the guys behind the Frisbee Golf Park could fill Bruce Wark in on the details of his attempts in his youth to get a park .. and more recently Mark Iglioriote an avid skater, artist instructor, father and advocate for the youth — there was a few summers with skatepark supervisors hired and paid well to hang out with the youth there .. there was Ethan Sears – son of former Mayor Pat Estabrooks group that made a great presentation to town council and mayor in the summer of 2013 – they even had matching tshirts and showed enthusiasm for a REAL SKATEPARK BUILD but most have grown up and left town .. so its just got to be a project LED by an adult who lives here .. me .. mother of two teens who grew up skateboarding and longboarding in this town so I pushed the project as best I could despite being blocked by the Town on facebook since 2015 for asking a question… hence the “Sackville Uncensored” to push against censorship around here in a small town that prides itself of being “community minded” and “inclusive” I can assure that it is not a true description… https://sackvilleuncensored.blogspot.com/2019/04/skateparks-not-monuments-for-sackville.html

No comments:

Post a Comment